incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: please keep [VOTE] for [VOTE]s (was: Re: [VOTE] Revised Heraldry commit ACL)
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:08:14 GMT
Hi,

> I really appreciate Robert's comments, but I also see your point.
> Why not making it a *rule* to change the subject of podling release
> votes, where things come up, that needs to be fixed.

Isn't that the perfect cause for a -1 vote with an explanation? I
don't see why that should be taken to a separate thread. If there are
issues that need to be solved, then the original vote needs to be
withdrawn and a new one started.

A better solution would to encourage the podlings to do better quality
control already before the IPMC is called to vote on the release.
Project mentors should IMHO be more active in this, both by educating
the projects on the release requirements and by reviewing the release
candidates already before the the IPMC vote is started.

BR,

Jukka Zitting