incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tika - a content analysis toolkit
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:04:47 GMT
Hi,

On 3/19/07, Petar Tahchiev <paranoiabla.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> Although I am not part of the jakarta organisation (so I have no right to
> vote)

Only the votes from Incubator PMC members are binding, but this
certainly doesn't mean that others aren't allowed to participate in
the vote. In fact it's encouraged for people to cast their non-binding
votes (see how many people have voted with a "non-binding" qualifier
also in this thread) in whichever Apache votes they have an interest
in. Often the opinions and concerns of interested community members
are just as or even more important than those of the official decision
makers.

> I think that the proposal is more than interesting, so I am willing to help
> with whatever I can, once this project is being incubated. :-)

Excellent, thanks for the interest!

BR,

Jukka Zitting