incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:27:24 GMT
Hi,

On 3/16/07, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> To me, the Incubator is more and more like a virus, comparable to the
> GPL. Upon entering, a project has to obey more and more conventions
> and has lesser and lesser rights.

Agreed. Once a release is out the only restrictions we place on it's
use and distribution should be the ASLv2.

If we have concerns about the IP, community, branding, quality, or
whatever other issues, those should be expressed in the release votes.
It's fine with me if this makes it harder for incubating projects to
release stuff (it's still just the same requirements we place on
TLPs), but once a release is out it's IMHO stupid to artificially
limit its distribution.

BR,

Jukka Zitting