incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <>
Subject Re: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:25:46 GMT

On 3/15/07, Justin Erenkrantz <> wrote:
> Wait a sec there.  Let's not pretend that Maven couldn't be *way*
> *way* *way* smarter about repositories.  This situation is partly
> Maven's own doing and their refusal to deal with a collection of
> (mirrored) repositories intelligently.  Yes, part of it *is* our
> setup, but Maven the tool could quite easily support this
> configuration without hassle if they chose to do so.

I think that's beside the point. The same issue comes up with any
other tool that automatically downloads dependencies.

Should we insist that incubating artifacts won't get included in for
example the standard RPM and deb repositories of Linux distributions?

Jukka Zitting

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message