incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Next things after Heraldry ACL
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:35:16 GMT
Gav.... wrote:

>> From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net]
>
>> I believe we identified several more interested parties who simply need
>> to show some sustained contribution.
>
> Which wont happen until this is sorted out first I guess, I am keeping
> an eye on the projects mailing lists, which of course have gone quiet
> for the time being.

Yes - it's all about carts and horses, once the vote concludes we will have
a core set of PPMC members including committers and mentors to rebuild the
planks of the cart (narrow the scope of Heraldry, perhaps, to the code
folks are working on or express an *active* interest in developing), and
then start getting some actual dev@ discussions and patches flowing and
some svn activity hopping.

> Anyway, I've already been reprimanded once for talking
> on a vote thread so I'll go quiet again until Heraldry re-starts.

Or simply change the subject after it steers away from a vote ... Your
post was fine, since you were offering a vote.  Mine wouldn't be, so I
changed the subject.