incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:51:47 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Interested in what other views are there.
>
> My view:
>
> * Not mirroring tar.gz releases is dumb. Infra aren't worried about
> the bandwidth and it's pointless to not put things on mirrors.

I'll concur.

> * Pulling releases because something didn't graduate is bad.

I laugh - of course it isn't 'bad', but there's no reason not to pull
down a disbanded /dist/incubator/deadproject/ site, since they live
for next-to-eternity in archive.apache.org.

My only concern is that incubator releases are more prone to IP and
other issues of a legal nature than a graduated project's release, so
I still think they should be cloistered.  But I'm done advocating for
it, so unless others have legit objections, fix it already.  Roy's
already done a good job advocating -for- www.apache.org/dist/incubator/
as the distribution point of incubating projects.