incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][Retry] Approve the release of Apache UIMA 2.1.0-incubating
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:46:20 GMT
Overall the release looks good to me. I verified the *.asc signatures
and looked more closely at uimaj-2.1.0-incubating-src.tar.gz .

I noticed just one thing that struck me as odd in the user
documentation. The "UIMA Documentation Overview" in
uima-docbooks/src/index.html includes an IBM copyright line after the
Apache copyright:

   Copyright © 2006, 2007 The Apache Software Foundation
   Copyright © 2004, 2006 International Business Machines Corporation

The Apache copyright is for the collected work published by Apache, and
the NOTICE file collects all copyright notices and attributions. I don't
know if adding non-Apache copyrights to the user doc is correct, so
somebody more knowledgeable needs to say for sure.

I give this release a +1 (but realize somebody might authoritatively say
that the copyright in the overview doc needs to change).

-jean