incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Apache Lucene.Net 2.0 build 003 incubating
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:48:18 GMT wrote:
> You cannot call the LICENSE and NOTICE files LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt
> (I know that it makes sense under Windows). The LICENSE refers
> explicitly to a NOTICE file not a NOTICE.txt. Just rename them to
> LICENSE and NOTICE as used in the rest of the ASF projects.

Of course you can.  It doesn't make reference to c:\Lucene.NET\LICENSE
either yet the user is expected to make this "leap".  I've seen a direct
statement from one of the AL2.0 folks who concur that .txt after the
LICENSE or NOTICE filename (it refers to LICENSE and NOTICE *files* not
*filename*s) are just fine.

Other good feedback snipped.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: