incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Tony Ambrozie" <tony.ambro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we treat incubator releases differently to normal releases
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 06:07:22 GMT
Should Incubator tarballs go in the normal place (and thus mirrors). + 1
(non-binding)
Should there be an Incubator maven repository. -1 (non-binding)

I do not believe that users will just use artifacts in ignorance of the the
respective projects' incubator status just because those artifacts happen to
be in central.  They will most likely come from the projects' sites, which
normally are unequivocal on the status vis-a-vis Apache.  I am speaking from
a user perspective, not from ASF perspective, as such any legal aspects are
external to my comments above.

Tony,