incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <>
Subject Re: Difference between Maven repository and dist directory
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:01:59 GMT
On Mar 16, 2007, at 8:42 AM, Craig McClanahan wrote:
> Is everyone in ASF willing to be comfortable with the ASF stamp of
> approval on a project that might still be in the process of vetting
> code provenance, or still checking licenses, but chooses to do an
> incubating release anyway?

As Dims, said "Hell No!"

As a user, I want to be able to trust the IP provence of anything
from Apache and I trust that the IPMC would *never* approve anything
that they were not sure was clean, no matter what a podling voted.

As a committer/release manager, I want the assurance that I have
legal protection for anything I upload through the approved process.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message