incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: ip clearance process (was Re: Tuscany is still a podling ...)
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 18:15:29 GMT
On Feb 25, 2007, at 7:30 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>> I "vetoed" the codedump for two main reasons. The first is that
>> the  IP
>> clearance process is not being followed: there is no record of
>> the  code
>> here
>>   http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
>> and there has been no vote by the Tuscany PPMC or Incubator PMC to
>> accept the code.
>
> Here's one clarification because I think this can be confusing for
> podlings, especially new ones.
>
> The ip clearance for the initial code import for a podling gets
> handled
> via some of the "Incubation work items" on the podling status page.
> Later imports of code developed outside Apache need to follow the ip
> process [1].

When Geir went through the motions of "initial" (not really, since we
started with no codE) imports for harmony, he filled out IP templates
for them. For triplesoup, I've been filling them out too. I find them
more clear, clean and detailed than the general "work items"
tracking, eg

   http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/triplesoup-1-contribution-
mod_sparql.html

the one thing that's a bit "different" is that the related VOTE is
the incubator voting to accept the project, but otherwise the form
hold up well.

cheers,

- Leo