incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the Release of Apache UIMA 2.1.0-incubating
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:27:55 GMT
On 2/25/07, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:
> <snip/>
>A quick look reveals:
>
> 1) The jars don't have the incubator disclaimer in them.  (this is the
> critical one)
> 2) The <name> for jVinci doesn't have "Apache UIMA" in it.
> 3) The poms don't have a licenses section
> 4) The <organization> tag doesn't have a url to apache.org

Dan,

Is it sufficient for 3 and 4 to add this information only to our
top-level "uimaj" pom, which is the parent of our other poms?  And is
this correct information to add:
	<licenses>
		<license>
			<name>The Apache Software License, Version 2.0</name>
			<url>http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt</url>
			<distribution>repo</distribution>
		</license>
	</licenses>
	<organization>
		<name>The Apache Software Foundation</name>
		<url>http://www.apache.org/</url>
	</organization>

I'm assuming <distribution>repo</distribution> doesn't actually
obligate us to put anything in the ASF incubating repository
unless/until we decide we want to.  That decision hasn't been made
yet, but writing the pom this way would leave our options open.

Thanks,
  -Adam