incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] approve the release of Trinidad's Core (1.0.0-incubating)
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:49:43 GMT

Matthias,

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 15:10, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> here is the cmd I used:
>
> <cmd>
> mvn clean install source:jar javadoc:jar deploy
> -DaltDeploymentRepository=matzew::default::file:/apache_myfaces_trinid
>ad_core_stage -Psign-artifacts -Dpassphrase=keepItSecretBaby
> </cmd>

That would do it.   The install and deploy target would both have
separate lifecycles that would cause the double signing.

You also don't have a sign-artifacts profile.   The switch isn't needed.

My suggestions:
1) Remove it from the build/plugins list.
2) Uncomment the javadoc plugin from the release profile.  (new version
of remote-resources fixes the bug that required that to be commented
out)

Then just run:

mvn -Prelease deploy  \
    -DaltDeploymentRepository=matzew::default::file:/a......

Don't specify the passphrase.   The new version of gpg will ask you for
it.

Dan

> Would it "help" to do a "evil" remove of ".asc.asc" file, in the stage
> `? (yes, a hack, I guess ;-))
>
> Thanks for the feedback,
> Matthias

> > > yep, not really sure why, using the maven-gpg-plugin, as mentioned
> > > above.
> >
> > Sounds like some interaction with a forked lifecycle which is
> > causing the gpg plugin to run twice.  The first time, it signs
> > everything and attaches the asc files to be deployed.   Then the
> > second time, it runs again signing everything, including the asc
> > files attached the first time.
> >
> > What's the complete command you're using?
> >
> > We probably could/should have the gpg plugin exclude signing
> > anything ending in .asc, .sha1, .md5.
> >
> > --
> > J. Daniel Kulp
> > Principal Engineer