incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: New project by committer...
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:41:56 GMT
On Sunday 18 March 2007 21:35, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> > > I would like to start a new project in the incubator.
> > > It will be a from scratch effort, and I have some friends who are
> > > eager to help out.
> >
> > please see http://labs.apache.org/
>
> Apache Labs isn't appropriate for his effort, since it seems that he wants
> to build a new community, which will not be exclusively existing
> Committers.

Yes indeed. The long-term goal is of course to graduate out of the Incubator
by all the usual exit criteria...

Once I understand the process, I will produce a write-up on the topic, and I
think many ASfers will find the project interesting, even if they may not be
able to contribute active effort.

Cheers
Niclas