incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject New project by committer...
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:45:20 GMT

Hi,

I would like to start a new project in the incubator.

Technically speaking, there will not be any initial codebase nor any initial
committers beyond myself. It will be a from scratch effort, and I have some
friends who are eager to help out.

The plan is;
 1. Start incubation with myself only.
 2. Invite people to discussions and working on API design.
 3. Get moving on code.
 4. Take in committers as significant contributions are made.
 5. Take in code contributions (if any) as they appear.
 6. :
 7. :

I draw the conclusion that it can be done in this way, from a mail last year
(can't locate it right now) essentially saying that any committer should be
allowed to start new projects without a lot of red tape.

So, I guess my question is; What is the red tape needed?

Cheers
Niclas