incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we treat incubator releases differently to normal releases
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2007 03:03:36 GMT
On Friday 16 March 2007 21:22, Gwyn Evans wrote:
> > ONE: Should Incubator tarballs go in the normal place (and thus mirrors).

Yes.

> > TWO: Should there be an Incubator maven repository.

No.

(Justin's notation, as +1/-1 is confusing.)

> I'm off the opinion that the "-incubating" tag is sufficient to flag
> this status to the direct user.

That plus, I would like to see that ALL podling are also released under the
org.apache.incubator.<project> groupId in Maven, which makes manual check for
incubating projects simple, i.e. check if there is a
$HOME/.m2/repository/org/apache/incubator directory, and if so what project
that is.
If Maven also could be fitted to know that org.apache.incubator groupId should
be treated with a warning (and possibly a 'confirm' mechanism), then even
better. But I don't hope for that...

Cheers
Niclas