incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:59:08 GMT
On Thursday 15 March 2007 04:26, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> We've discussed this many times before, and so far the consensus has been
> to not conflate the Incubator artifacts with regular ASF artifacts.  I am
> still -1 to conflating ASF artifacts with incubator artifacts, but that's
> just my view.

I feel this argument is weak. /dist/incubator/<project> ain't gonna bother
anybody here, and let's enforce Maven2 groupId to be
org.apache.incubator.<project> and you have well behaved structures there as
well, and placing a relatively small burden on the projects when graduating.

On top of that the 'version' contains 'incubating', and I think we have both
belts and suspenders to hold our trousers up.

+1 to fold podlings into the regular procedures.

Cheers
Niclas