incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the Release of Apache UIMA 2.1.0-incubating
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:51:39 GMT

Adam,

On Monday 05 March 2007 13:27, Adam Lally wrote:
> Is it sufficient for 3 and 4 to add this information only to our
> top-level "uimaj" pom, which is the parent of our other poms?  And is
> this correct information to add:
> 	<licenses>
> 		<license>
> 			<name>The Apache Software License, Version 2.0</name>
> 			<url>http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt</url>
> 			<distribution>repo</distribution>
> 		</license>
> 	</licenses>
> 	<organization>
> 		<name>The Apache Software Foundation</name>
> 		<url>http://www.apache.org/</url>
> 	</organization>

That would be fine.    The alternative would be to set the "parent" of your
parent to be:

  <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache</groupId>
    <artifactId>apache</artifactId>
    <version>4</version>
  </parent>

(version 4 was just released, may not have hit all the mirrors yet)

Your parent pom would then inherit the licenses and organization sections
from there.

Dan

> I'm assuming <distribution>repo</distribution> doesn't actually
> obligate us to put anything in the ASF incubating repository
> unless/until we decide we want to.  That decision hasn't been made
> yet, but writing the pom this way would leave our options open.
>
> Thanks,
>   -Adam

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer