incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Apache Lucene.Net 2.0 build 003 incubating
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 03:02:10 GMT

-1 (non-binding)

After a very quick perusal:
1) Missing gpg signatures on the files.

2) No incubator disclaimer anywhere.

3) All the files have the "old style" Apache header.   They should have
been updated to the new style.   The copyright dates in the old headers
are obviously not updated (most say 2004) which is one good reason to
change to the new version that doesn't have it.

4) The readme's and such just say "Lucene".  They should be clear that
it's "Apache Lucene".

Dan

On Sunday 04 March 2007 19:29, George Aroush wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Lucene.Net community has voted to release Lucene.Net 2.0 build 003
> incubating.  I am emailing you to request your vote for this release.
>
> (For those who are not familiar with Lucene.Net, please visit
> http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/ to learn more.)
>
> Below are the release details.
>
> Release history:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/trunk/C%23/src/HIS
>TORY .txt
>
> Release artifact (source & binary):
> http://people.apache.org/~aroush/Lucene.Net-2.0-003/
>
> Release vote history on Lucene.Net mailing list:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lucene-net-dev/200702
>.mbo x/%3c118901c75a1c$30ca58e0$6501a8c0@aroushlt%3e and
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lucene-net-user/20070
>2.mb ox/%3c118901c75a1c$30ca58e0$6501a8c0@aroushlt%3e
>
> I'm asking for your vote to approve this release.
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release as Apache Lucene.Net 2.0.0 build 003
> incubating [ ] -1 Veto this release (explain why so it can be addressed)
>
> Regards,
>
> -- George Aroush

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer