incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Killing the incubator m2 repository
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 03:35:54 GMT
Noel,

There are 2 ways here

#1) End user using an Incubator podling m2 artifact directly: End
users need to specify our repo in their pom.xml explicity. this is a
conscious decision.

#2) End user using a regular Apache project that depends on incubator
podling artifact: End users won't have to touch their pom.xml and the
podling jars are automatically downloaded. So we lose the benefit
here.

*BUT* here's what we can do to make #2 a conscious decision. Say
Axis2...we depend on woden. If we mark woden jar with scope=provided
[1], then the end user has to do a conscious import just like they did
in #1. So there is a way to enforce the policy if we wish.

thanks,
dims

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html