incubator-general mailing list archives

From "George Aroush" <>
Subject RE: Some help with Lucene.Net release
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:20:44 GMT
Thanks for the quick response Bertrand!

I generated the MD5 and SHA file based on: using the commands:

  $ gpg --print-md MD5 [fileName] > [fileName].md5

  $ gpg --print-md SHA1 [fileName] > [fileName].sha

As for your comment about the ASC file, I'm not sure what you mean by "your
key hasn't been signed by anyone"?  Can you tell me how to fix it if this is
a problem?

Here is what I get when I check for verification:

  $ gpg --verify
  Warning: using insecure memory!
  gpg: Signature made Sat Mar 17 06:41:37 2007 PDT using DSA key ID 99D93CAB
  gpg: Good signature from "George Aroush (Incubating Apache Lucene.Net 2.0
build 004) <>"

-- George

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of
Bertrand Delacretaz
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: Some help with Lucene.Net release

On 3/17/07, George Aroush <> wrote:

> ...Can someone
> please take a look at :
> and tell me if the KEYS is right as well as if the *.asc files

The KEYS file is in the correct format, I was able to import it with "gpg

The md5 file

is IMHO in a funny format, I was expected the standard md5sum format (A):

but yours is (B):
24 8D CF 86 7A E0 8D 76  F5 42 CB E9 86 A9 17 96

So attempting to check it with

  md5sum -c

fails, although one can check the md5 "by hand".

I *think* the (A) format is the one we want, but I'm not sure where this is
specified. I'd say your md5 info is correct, but in an unexpected format
(there might be various flavors around though, but I've always seen this (A)

About the .asc files, I have tried

  gpg --verify

And the signature is ok, but AFAICS your key is hasn't been signed by
anyone, it'd be good to have it signed if you're at an ApacheCon or another
ASF gathering.

I'm not familiar with the sha format, I'll let others comment on that.

Hope this helps,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: