incubator-general mailing list archives

From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Approve the release of Apache Lucene.Net 2.0 build 003 incubating
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 03:38:01 GMT
Hi Dan,

Many thanks for looking this over.

For #1 & #3.  Can you tell how to go about fixing them?  How/where do I
create/get those files?

For #3, those are the same header as used by the Java Lucene 2.0 release.
The port from Java to C# caries over the same headers, etc.

For #4, I agree.

All: This is my first release, so if you find issues, please try to be
specific.

Regards,

-- George Aroush

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:daniel.kulp@iona.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 10:02 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Cc: George Aroush
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Apache Lucene.Net 2.0 build 003
incubating

-1 (non-binding)

After a very quick perusal:
1) Missing gpg signatures on the files.

2) No incubator disclaimer anywhere.

3) All the files have the "old style" Apache header.   They should have
been updated to the new style.   The copyright dates in the old headers
are obviously not updated (most say 2004) which is one good reason to change
to the new version that doesn't have it.

4) The readme's and such just say "Lucene".  They should be clear that it's
"Apache Lucene".

Dan

On Sunday 04 March 2007 19:29, George Aroush wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Lucene.Net community has voted to release Lucene.Net 2.0 build 003
> incubating.  I am emailing you to request your vote for this release.
>
> (For those who are not familiar with Lucene.Net, please visit
> http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/ to learn more.)
>
> Below are the release details.
>
> Release history:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/trunk/C%23/src/HIS
>TORY .txt
>
> Release artifact (source & binary):
> http://people.apache.org/~aroush/Lucene.Net-2.0-003/
>
> Release vote history on Lucene.Net mailing list:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lucene-net-dev/200702
>.mbo x/%3c118901c75a1c$30ca58e0$6501a8c0@aroushlt%3e and
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-lucene-net-user/20070
>2.mb ox/%3c118901c75a1c$30ca58e0$6501a8c0@aroushlt%3e
>
> I'm asking for your vote to approve this release.
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release as Apache Lucene.Net 2.0.0 build 003
> incubating [ ] -1 Veto this release (explain why so it can be addressed)
>
> Regards,
>
> -- George Aroush

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer