incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: svn commit: r516738 - in /incubator/lucene.net/trunk/C#/src: HISTORY.txt Lucene.Net/AssemblyInfo.cs
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:50:31 GMT
Hi George,

On Mar 11, 2007, at 6:45 AM, George Aroush wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> I have been reading http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html and
> Googled about the public-key.  What I haven't been able to figure
> out is how
> to create the public-key

You create your private key and public key at the same time using gpg
--gen-key.

To list your private key, gpg -K will give you a listing of your
private key with some details of what kind of key it is.

The important part of the key is the thing following the sec 1024D/.
That's your 8 digit fingerprint trailer <xxxxxxxx>.

You can upload your private key to a key server with gpg --send-keys
<xxxxxxxx>.

I know how frustrating it is, but I can assure you it's needed.

Craig