incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] log4net graduation
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 05:32:43 GMT
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:

> There had been several individuals who had submitted patches that
> had been incorporated, however no individual had established a
> pattern of submissions which would suggest them as a potential
> additional committer.

I've been watching the log4net project for a long time now and can
attest that this actually has happened in the case of Ron.  He was the
first one who showed enough interest in long-term contibutions and was
quickly voted in as a committer.

The user community of log4net is huge and goes far beyond what is
visible on the user list.  I've been doing .NET development IRL for
the past 2+ years, have seen several shops doing .NET development over
that time, log4net was everywhere.

> The log4net-dev community appears healthy and I believes warrants
> graduation from the incubator and has my +1 as mentor and incubator
> PMC member.

+1

Stefan