incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] mod_wombat ip clearance
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 18:02:09 GMT
On 2/14/07, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2007, at 6:00 PM, Brian McCallister wrote:
>
> > The last code grant for the mod_wombat codebase ( http://
> > incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/httpd-wombat.html ) has been
> > recorded and I would like to move forward with the import.
> >
> > Code grants and CLA's have been recorded from each person who has
> > contributed code.
> >

> +1
>
> > This is a lazy-consensus approval vote.
>
> Huh?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.xml

(search for 'lazy consensus')

> These types of things should require activing
> voting, not lazy-consensus. Otherwise the Incubator
> is worthless.

not worthless: the incubator acts as a single place where the origins
of external code can be tracked whilst oversight is exercised by the
appropriate PMC

an active vote may need a little bit of thinking about since it's not
really clear how much checking the IPMC can really be expected to do.
it's not unreasonable to ask that at least three people to read
through the clearance document and ensure that every section has been
filled in but much more than that would probably be unrealistic.

- robert