incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache XAP 0.3.0
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:35:40 GMT
On 2/9/07, Bob Buffone <rbuffone@nexaweb.com> wrote:
> Incubator,
>
> Apache XAP has released version 0.3.0, this is the inaugural release of
> the project.  With the help of Robert, Cliff and the whole Xapian
> community we have worked through development, testing, licensing and
> packaging of the XAP release. I would like to thank everyone for their
> tremendous help.
>
> The release files can be found at:
> http://people.apache.org/~bbuffone/xap-release/
>
> Please cast your votes:
>
> [ ] +1 Release is approved

just one minor issue (missing copy of LGPL) so think i'm +1 providing
that it's fixed in trunk

possible issues
-------------------

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/xap/trunk/codebase/src/dojo/src/widget/Rounded.js
 is difficult. perhaps DOJO has a special license but it's probably
best to assume that the license is LGPL and needs to be added to the
LICENSE file.

maybe martin could shed some more light on this...

comments and notes (suggestions only)

i'm uncomfortable including the names of committers in the NOTICE for
a couple of reasons. i've been convinced by cliff that really this
should contain only required information. it's also the concern that
the apache release process tries to ensure that committers are not
exposed to undue liability.

most projects have who we are pages which allow committers to provide
brief bios (for example http://jakarta.apache.org/site/whoweare.html).
there is also FOAF on http://people.apache.org/.  these are better
approaches than listing committers in the NOTICE

distribute a source release exported directly from subversion. apache
projects (and especially podlings) need to target developers as well
as users.