incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Graduate mod_ftp (to an httpd subproject)
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:13:49 GMT
Hi,

> According to the process defined in
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Exiting+the+Incubator
> the Incubator needs to vote first and nod to the accepting PMC that the project is ready
to leave
> the incubator. Seems to be logical since it is the Incubators decision to say if a project
> successfully incubated.

If you're talking about the section titled "Meritocracy / Community"
on the above page, I don't think the list is in the strict order in
which things must be done.  Rather, it's just a list of everything to
be done.  I may be wrong, and if so we should clarify the document to
make it an ordered list.

At least a couple of times in the past, including very recent past,
we've asked the sponsoring PMC to vote that it would accept the
podling before we, the Incubator PMC, voted on its graduation.

Yoav