incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4net graduation, log4php retirement, Logging Services bylaws
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:49:56 GMT
Hi,

On 2/8/07, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:
> In a mad rush to make it look like we were busy in the three months

LOL ;)

> log4net appears to be healthy and ready to join Logging Services as a
> subproject.

Excellent.  The log4net developers should start up a vote saying
they're ready for graduation, and the Logging Services PMC should have
one to essentially confirm what you're saying above: that the LS PMC
is ready, willing, and able to accept log4net as a subproject.

> log4php appears to be dormant (I've pinged the original
> author and am waiting for a status update) and would be nice to find
> it a good final resting place.

Agreed that it's dormant.  It's been discussed briefly in the past.
What do you think about Noel's idea in
http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=incubator-general&m=116698445306354&w=2
?

> I've already started a thread on eliminating or simplifying the
> Logging Services bylaws (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-
> logging-general&m=117095930231054&w=2).  I thought I saw an thread
> here that suggested that project level bylaws or guidelines were
> unnecessary, but could not find it in the archives.  Any other
> references or guidance would be appreciated, but it would be most
> helpful to join the discussion on general@logging.apache.org.

I could swear I saw such a message here as well, essentially saying
Bylaws are for the Foundation itself, and projects should have
Guidelines as they see fit, which may mean very little Guidelines
outside the ASF's own general ones.  The Logging Services two-stage
release approval thing has got to end ;)

Yoav