incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Abdera v0.2.2
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:53:25 GMT
Garrett Rooney wrote:

> Noel J. Bergma wrote:
> > Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > > We need to file a export notification for use of crypto code (not our
> > > code, third party, bouncy castle, I believe) in one of the abdera
> > > modules.
> > That's fine.  I suspected that it might be something like that.
HOWEVER,
> > those things need to be done before the release, not after it.  :-)
> Well, they have been done now, although I will point out the fact that
> we're being rather hypocritical about that particular requirement,
> considering that there are a number of other ASF projects who make use
> of crypto code but have not jumped through these particular hoops yet.

Not hypocritical.  We have been somewhat lax in the past, mostly due to
projects not understanding their obligations.  Cliff is trying to get that
corrected.  You are correct that we are not giving Incubator projects the
same latitude to be sloppy.  I do not consider that a bad thing.

	--- Noel