incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]Incubator podling mvn pom files...
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:08:35 GMT

On 22 Feb 07, at 1:23 PM 22 Feb 07, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:

> Trustin Lee wrote:
>> I agree with the idea on extending a parent POM generally, but
>> org.apache:apache-incubator might be more reasonable for the projects
>> under incubation.
>
> I agree. Having an Incubator POM that includes the necessary stuff
> like
> the Maven remote resources, GPG and RAT plugin configuration would
> most
> certainly increase the quality of the metadata and binaries released
> from the Incubator. I'll be happy to help out with the effort.

Dan knows where all the stuff is in the Maven Project POM that has
all this configured, but I would like to see this go into the ASF POM
as this would mean that all projects using Maven 2.x at Apache would
have consistent releases simply by using the release plugin. Many
problems were found just by Dan trying to use the new release
toolchain and I imagine every last issue would be found 3 days after
a couple more projects tried to use the tool chain. Here's a little
diagram of how the remote resources plugin works. License and notice
templates effectively become shared resources that have project
specifics injected into a Velocity context before final rendering:

http://idisk.maven.org/jvanzyl/Public/RemoteResourcesHandling.png

Jason.