incubator-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <>
Subject Re: log4net graduation, log4php retirement, Logging Services bylaws
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 17:30:33 GMT

On Feb 9, 2007, at 7:49 AM, Yoav Shapira wrote:

> Hi,
> On 2/8/07, Curt Arnold <> wrote:
>> In a mad rush to make it look like we were busy in the three months
> LOL ;)
>> log4net appears to be healthy and ready to join Logging Services as a
>> subproject.
> Excellent.  The log4net developers should start up a vote saying
> they're ready for graduation, and the Logging Services PMC should have
> one to essentially confirm what you're saying above: that the LS PMC
> is ready, willing, and able to accept log4net as a subproject.

Will move on that.

>> log4php appears to be dormant (I've pinged the original
>> author and am waiting for a status update) and would be nice to find
>> it a good final resting place.
> Agreed that it's dormant.  It's been discussed briefly in the past.
> What do you think about Noel's idea in
> general&m=116698445306354&w=2
> ?

Sounds like a good idea.  Once the appropriate place has been set up,
all that would be needed is a svn mv to move log4php from under repos/
logging to repos/incubator and the update  Will
start a vote on to terminate the podling.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message