incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [ip clearance] recording CCLA Schedule B software grants
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:36:33 GMT

On Feb 20, 2007, at 12:30 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> oh, hee hee, Jim already made the change to bullet 3 in revision
> 509668.
>  :-)
>
> For those not on the commit notices, Jim also added:
>
>> the officer should be the ASF Secretary, who must be provided an
>> original copy of the grant or CCLA in any case.
>
> I hadn't realized that. So, in addition to faxing the software
> grant, be
> sure to mail a hardcopy original.

No, a FAXed copy is fine. It's just that if someone rec's the
grant, they can't just "log" it in the cclas.txt/grants.txt file
and keep it. I need a copy as well.

We need to further clarify that such docs can be accepted either
by:

   o Hardcopy snail-mailed to officer (and secretary)
   o FAXed copy to officer (and secretary)
   o Scanned version Emailed to secretary@apache.org
     *as well as* legal-archive@apache.org