incubator-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject log4net graduation, log4php retirement, Logging Services bylaws
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 00:04:53 GMT
In a mad rush to make it look like we were busy in the three months
since the last board report, I'd like to try to resolve log4net and
log4php's status as well and try to streamline the Logging Services
bylaws (aka guidelines).  Most of that discussion and all of the fun
debates will be on general@logging.apache.org, but wanted to solicit
advice and participation.

log4net appears to be healthy and ready to join Logging Services as a
subproject.  log4php appears to be dormant (I've pinged the original
author and am waiting for a status update) and would be nice to find
it a good final resting place.  I would appreciate any guidance
(check list?) on driving the process forward either here or on
general@logging.apache.org.

I've already started a thread on eliminating or simplifying the
Logging Services bylaws (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-
logging-general&m=117095930231054&w=2).  I thought I saw an thread
here that suggested that project level bylaws or guidelines were
unnecessary, but could not find it in the archives.  Any other
references or guidance would be appreciated, but it would be most
helpful to join the discussion on general@logging.apache.org.