incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Uniform Project Procedures
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:14:27 GMT
Hey Curt,

On Feb 12, 2007, at 8:15 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> The recent discussion on board@apache ("Bylaw paragraph in TLP
> resolution", 2007-02-07), the comments in the "Graduate OFBiz
> Podling" thread (
> and "log4net
> graduation, log4php retirement and Logging Services bylaws" thread
> (
> msg12442.html) suggest to me that it may be good for the Incubator
> project to oversee a collaboration to produce a Uniform Project
> Procedures that podlings, newly graduated projects and established
> projects could adopt in whole or in part.
> The idea is borrowed from Uniform Acts in the US Federal System,
> for background info see
> List_of_Uniform_Acts_%28United_States%29.

I appreciate where the idea comes from, but honestly this kind of
setup sounds a bit "heavyweight" to me -- we're not a government,
this is just some open source hacking :-). To me, some more
lightweight and informal (without a Name In Captial Letters) setup
which is more like a "template" to copy-paste onto your project
website should be enough, without having to understand concepts like
modular procedures, actors, and the like or an XML vocabulary to use

just my two cents,

- Leo

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: