incubator-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <>
Subject [VOTE] log4net graduation
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:15:28 GMT
Votes have recently concluded on log4net-dev@logging favoring
graduation (
3e) and on general@logging favoring accepting log4net (http://mail-  Vote
summaries are not in the archives yet, but the acceptance vote
carried with 5 +1 from PMC members, 1 other +1 and the log4net-dev
vote carried with 2 +1 PMC votes, 2 +1 committer votes with no other
votes on either.

There was a discussion on the incubator exit criteria (http://mail- at the same
time as the graduation vote on log4net-dev.  The most significant
concern was of the 7 nominal committers only 4 have been committed in
the last year, two of them are founders of the same firm (nicko and
niall) and one of them (me, carnold) has only made trivial changes.
There had been several individuals who had submitted patches that had
been incorporated, however no individual had established a pattern of
submissions which would suggest them as a potential additional

The log4net-dev community appears healthy and I believes warrants
graduation from the incubator and has my +1 as mentor and incubator
PMC member.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message