incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Incubating Project Policy
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:54:56 GMT
Hi,

On 2/2/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> I'm proposing the following policy become explicit across the incubator;

-0

The policy itself seems good, but I'd rather see it as an ASF-wide
policy than something restricted to the Incubator. Why should an
incubating project operate under different policies than a TLP? Of
course the policies that are directly related to incubation status
(like the PPMC/IPMC voting practices) are necessary, but I don't think
this is the case for the proposed policy.

I'm all for documenting this as a guideline and even enforcing it
where needed by mentors vetoing troublesome commits, but making it an
official policy just within the Incubator might send the signal that
you can go back to the old ways once the project has graduated.

BR,

Jukka Zitting