incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject (P)odling PMC
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:29:20 GMT
I'd like to see some clarification on the role of the PPMC and the
process of managing the PPMC membership. I've looked for guidance in
the web pages and it's not clear to me what to do to vote in a new
PPMC member, and then what to do.

For example, in Incubation_Policy.html, there is no mention of the
role of the PPMC or PPMC members under the section "Roles". There are
roles defined for Champion, Sponsor, Mentor, and Committers, but
nothing for PPMC or PPMC member.

During incubation, I think that the PPMC members should get practice
in calling votes for releases as well as discussing and calling votes
for new committers and new PPMC members. These activities might be
discussed in the "Incubation Activities" section of the policy.

I'll be happy to synthesize and report my understanding of the roles
and processes and propose patches and file JIRA issues if this is
considered valuable.

Craig

Craig Russell
DB PMC