incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the Release of Apache UIMA 2.1.0-incubating
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:38:28 GMT
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Friday 23 February 2007 16:39, Adam Lally wrote:
>> The Apache UIMA community has voted to release version
>> 2.1.0-incubating.  We would now like to ask the Incubator PMC to
>> approve this release.
>> Release artifacts:
> A quick look through this looks OK to me for the src and bin distributions.

> HOWEVER, I notice you are using Maven for builds.   Is UIMA planning on
> releasing the 2.1.0-incubating artifacts to the maven repository so other
> maven based projects can use it?    If so, then we have problems.   You
> would need to get those artifacts into the staging area as well so we can
> look at and vote on them.   A quick look reveals:

We currently have no plans to release anything to the maven repository.
  Hopefully in the future sometime, but not for this release.

> 1) The jars don't have the incubator disclaimer in them.  (this is the
> critical one)

I see.  I didn't think this was required, but I understand it makes
sense when individual jars are downloadable from the maven repo.  We'll
make sure to have the disclaimer in there before we release anything to
the maven repository.

> 2) The <name> for jVinci doesn't have "Apache UIMA" in it.
> 3) The poms don't have a licenses section
> 4) The <organization> tag doesn't have a url to

All of these make sense, even if we're not distributing anything via
maven repos (yet).  Will fix.  Thanks for taking the time to look at our
release candidate.

> So, I'm +1 (non-binding) on these exact distributions, but -1 if there are
> maven artifacts that are supposed to be deployed along with it.
> Dan

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message