incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the Release of Apache UIMA 2.1.0-incubating
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:38:28 GMT
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Friday 23 February 2007 16:39, Adam Lally wrote:
>> The Apache UIMA community has voted to release version
>> 2.1.0-incubating.  We would now like to ask the Incubator PMC to
>> approve this release.
>>
>> Release artifacts:
>> http://people.apache.org/~alally/uima-2.1.0-incubating/
>
> A quick look through this looks OK to me for the src and bin distributions.

Great!

> HOWEVER, I notice you are using Maven for builds.   Is UIMA planning on
> releasing the 2.1.0-incubating artifacts to the maven repository so other
> maven based projects can use it?    If so, then we have problems.   You
> would need to get those artifacts into the staging area as well so we can
> look at and vote on them.   A quick look reveals:

We currently have no plans to release anything to the maven repository.
  Hopefully in the future sometime, but not for this release.

> 1) The jars don't have the incubator disclaimer in them.  (this is the
> critical one)

I see.  I didn't think this was required, but I understand it makes
sense when individual jars are downloadable from the maven repo.  We'll
make sure to have the disclaimer in there before we release anything to
the maven repository.

> 2) The <name> for jVinci doesn't have "Apache UIMA" in it.
> 3) The poms don't have a licenses section
> 4) The <organization> tag doesn't have a url to apache.org

All of these make sense, even if we're not distributing anything via
maven repos (yet).  Will fix.  Thanks for taking the time to look at our
release candidate.

--Thilo