incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject ip clearance process (was Re: Tuscany is still a podling ...)
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:30:52 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> I "vetoed" the codedump for two main reasons. The first is that the  IP
> clearance process is not being followed: there is no record of the  code
> here
>   http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
> and there has been no vote by the Tuscany PPMC or Incubator PMC to
> accept the code.

Here's one clarification because I think this can be confusing for
podlings, especially new ones.

The ip clearance for the initial code import for a podling gets handled
via some of the "Incubation work items" on the podling status page.
Later imports of code developed outside Apache need to follow the ip
process [1].

I didn't want the newer podlings wondering why they weren't listed on [1].

 -jean

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html