incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [ip clearance] recording CCLA Schedule B software grants
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:30:21 GMT
oh, hee hee, Jim already made the change to bullet 3 in revision 509668.
 :-)

For those not on the commit notices, Jim also added:

> the officer should be the ASF Secretary, who must be provided an original copy of the
grant or CCLA in any case.

I hadn't realized that. So, in addition to faxing the software grant, be
sure to mail a hardcopy original.

thanks, Jim!

 -jean

Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Currently the ip clearance template [1] specifies:
>
>>3. Receipt of the software grant form must be acknowledged by an Officer of the ASF
by recording in grants.txt. In most normal circumstances, the officer should be the ASF Secretary.

> And in the Copyright section:
>
>>Identify name recorded for software grant: the name of the grant as record in the
grants.txt document so that the grant can be easily identified