incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [ip clearance] recording CCLA Schedule B software grants
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:23:16 GMT
Currently the ip clearance template [1] specifies:
> 3. Receipt of the software grant form must be acknowledged by an Officer of the ASF by
recording in grants.txt. In most normal circumstances, the officer should be the ASF Secretary.

And in the Copyright section:
> Identify name recorded for software grant: the name of the grant as record in the grants.txt
document so that the grant can be easily identified

But there are two ways to submit a software grant:

- Software grant [2]
- CCLA Schedule B [3]

I clarified with Jim how specifically CCLA Schedule B (and addendums to
Schedule B) get handled. In the past sometimes tSchedule B has been
added to grants.txt, but now is being recorded in the cclas.txt file
instead.

So, we need to update the references to grants.txt to also include
cclas.txt (new words between ***):

3. Receipt of the software grant form must be acknowledged by an Officer
of the ASF by recording in grants.txt ***or cclas.txt***. In most normal
circumstances, the officer should be the ASF Secretary.

Identify name recorded for software grant: the name of the grant as
record in the grants.txt ***or cclas.txt*** document so that the grant
can be easily identified

Are there any objections? If not, I'll go ahead change these references.

regards,

 -jean

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt