incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [discussion] Graduating a subproject
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 21:32:29 GMT
Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> Effectively the only party to allow graduation of a project is the incubator

Yes...

> and what happens after that is up to the accepting project or the board
> (in case of TLP) and as fas as I understood the mentors and champions
> will be there to help out the project until the PMC / Board has voted to
> accept the project.

"To help out" - yes - we hope that's so.  But Until It Is Accepted (as TLP
or a subproject) it has not graduated.

(Even if the incubator voted to make that happen already.)

There's no twilight zone between incubation and being a full TLP or some
specific TLP's subproject.  If the docs give that impression, we should
fix them.

Nothing exists at the ASF without board oversight, whether it's direct
(for a TLP) or indirect (Incubator PMC or another TLP's PMC).

Bill