incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: [discussion] Graduating a subproject
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:17:31 GMT

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> The reason to approach the existing PMC first, it seems to me, would be to
> make sure the graduating project meets the standards and criteria of the
> PMC already.

Isn't this the job of the mentors/champions to make sure it is up to those standards ?

  If it does not, the podling could accept the list of issues
> that PMC identifies, or the podling could change its focus to become it's
> own TLP or a subproject of a different TLP.
>
> But the sanity check of the accepting PMC makes alot of sense before the
> incubator PMC is asked if everything's complete to their satisfaction.
> We can't graduate a subproject without it's TLP home accepting it.

The vote is on the fact that the project is ready to graduate, according to documentation
at least,
if that doesn't reflect reality, we need to fix the documentation.

Effectively the only party to allow graduation of a project is the incubator and what happens
after
that is up to the accepting project or the board (in case of TLP) and as fas as I understood
the
mentors and champions will be there to help out the project until the PMC / Board has voted
accept the project.

Mvgr,
Martin