incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: (P)odling PMC
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:56:47 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On 2/8/07, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
>> During incubation, I think that the PPMC members should get practice in
>> calling votes for releases as well as discussing and calling votes for
>> new
>> committers and new PPMC members. These activities might be discussed
>> in the
>> "Incubation Activities" section of the policy.
>
> +1

Let's make sure we don't confuse things (as I just did at stdcxx), and spell
out that the project can collect committers, and ppmc members; or they can
go the (preferable) route of committer==ppmc member.

It might not work for long established projects, but works nicely at the
podling level.  The docs aught to say that a nomination [insert example]
should say "Nomination for PPMC+Commit; Joe Schmoe" so there isn't any
ambiguity - if that's the project's preference.

Bill