incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceMix 3.1-incubating
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:41:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently involved in preparing the first UIMA incubator release, so
I looked at your release with a view to what I could learn ;-)  To my
(newbie) eyes it all looks very clean, license headers everywhere etc.

One thing I noted is that you're distributing the Java Activation
framework.  It is my understanding that the Activation framework has a
bit of a problematic license, which is why it is not available from our
m2 repository, for example.  You also do not copy the license in your
LICENSE file.  The license has some legalese that I do not pretend to
understand.  If this is all above-board and you can point me to some
previous discussion, all the better.

--Thilo