incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: [Vote] Incubating Project Policy
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:08:57 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> I'd add clarification about 'committing third party code' with reference
> to libraries. I should be able to commit the latest log4j jar without
> having to do any jira nuisance. This is about committing the code itself
> as a contribution, not as a dependency.

I deliberately included libraries as third party code.  Including (for
example) log4j in your project, and deciding how 'fresh' (bleeding edge?
advertised stable? last known stable?) of a version the project should
bump it to.  You might even discover that there is an issue with the
version you want to adopt that's known to another project contributor.

There's nothing unreasonable about posting "I'm bumping our log4j to
trunk to resolve our interop bugs with ..." before you do so, right?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message