incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Vote] Incubating Project Policy
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 10:28:04 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 2/2/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>> ...I'm proposing the following policy become explicit across the
>> incubator;..
>
> I'm +1 on the idea, with a suggestion below.
>
>>   ...committers may commit code they personally authored,
>>   or with proper attribution, commit patches posted ..
>
> I'd add "by their original authors or license holders here" to make it
> clear that "posting to Jira by proxy" is not allowed either.

+1, with Bertrand's addition.  The UIMA podling follows this policy, not
because we have issues with third-party contributions but to keep our IP
squeaky clean.

[We have the additional constraint that we don't commit anything (other
than trivial changes) by people who do not have an ICLA on file.  It has
been suggested that this sets the bar very high for potential
contributors, but from our (limited) experience so far, this does not
seem to be the case.]

--Thilo