incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Roller graduation
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:59:09 GMT
On 2/2/07, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/2/07, Yoav Shapira <yoavs@apache.org> wrote:
> > Cool beans ;)  As someone who's only familiar with Roller as a user, I
> > have a couple of questions (mostly just out of curiosity):
> >
> > - Has the roller podling PMC (PPMC) formally voted for graduation?  I
> > couldn't quite find a [VOTE] thread on roller-dev for this.
>
> Perhaps I misunderstood Henri's suggestion to call for a vote. I
> assumed he meant to call for one here.

Bad mentoring on my part. I meant on roller-dev.

> > - The original proposal
> > (http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=incubator-general&m=110963688122940&w=2,
> > which was tough to find by the way as I didn't see a link to it on the
> > project status page or on the incubator wiki's list of proposal)
> > suggests a new umbrella TLP, "blogtools.apache.org."  Is this still
> > the plan?  If not, is there another TLP into which Roller wants to go?
>
> That idea never really got any traction, so the TLP would be "roller.apache.org"

Agreed.

> > - Why is the issue tracker still hosted outside Apache? (
> > http://opensource2.atlassian.com/projects/roller/)
>
> Seems like we asked about migration, complications arose and we
> decided to wait until after graduation to make the move.

I'll bring it up again (as I'm a JIRA admin). It would mean running
another JIRA instance on Brutus and the view was always that we didn't
want to run yet another one on there.

We can migrate into our main JIRA now, though the change history gets
lost - that's the same as a Bugzilla migration.

Hen