incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the Release of Apache UIMA 2.1.0-incubating
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:54:31 GMT
On 2/25/07, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:
> A quick look through this looks OK to me for the src and bin distributions.
>

> HOWEVER, I notice you are using Maven for builds.   Is UIMA planning on
> releasing the 2.1.0-incubating artifacts to the maven repository so other
> maven based projects can use it?    If so, then we have problems.   You
> would need to get those artifacts into the staging area as well so we can
> look at and vote on them.   A quick look reveals:
>
> 1) The jars don't have the incubator disclaimer in them.  (this is the
> critical one)
> 2) The <name> for jVinci doesn't have "Apache UIMA" in it.
> 3) The poms don't have a licenses section
> 4) The <organization> tag doesn't have a url to apache.org
>

> So, I'm +1 (non-binding) on these exact distributions, but -1 if there are
> maven artifacts that are supposed to be deployed along with it.

Dan,

Thanks for your feedback.  For this release we decided not to consider
deploying our Maven artifacts to a shared repository, but instead
focus on satisfying all the published requirements for source and
binary releases, and just use Maven as our build tool.

We will try to address the issues you've pointed out for our next
release so that we
will be able to publish our Maven artifacts.  If you could provide a
pointer to some documentation on what exactly the requirements for
Maven artifacts/poms are, that would be great.

-Adam