incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: EJB code dump, was: svn commit: r511225 [1/4]
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 03:13:02 GMT
On Sunday 25 February 2007 09:36, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2007, at 10:26 PM, rfeng@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: rfeng
> > Date: Fri Feb 23 22:26:55 2007
> > New Revision: 511225

> > Log:
> > [sca-integration-branch] Add EJB reference binding (TUSCANY-1126)
>
> -1
>
> Not one single mail to the dev list. This isn't community
> development, it's a code dump.

If this is the case, then I support this veto, even though I have no say in
the WS project. Tuscany developers should know better by now, and the WS PMC
needs to step up and put the foot firmly on the ground.

IMHO, the background to this is important on what happens next. If it is
obvious that this has been developed in "closed fashion" for Tuscany, then I
think it should be outright refused as a 'teaching lesson' not to do that
again.
If it came into existence independently of Tuscany, then standard Incubator IP
Clearance process should be applied.

Cheers
Niclas Hedhman